Flag of Andalusia
|Design||Horizontal green-white-green triband charged with the coat of arms.|
The current flag of Andalusia was adopted in 1918. Blas Infante (1885-1936), the "Father" of the Andalusian Fatherland, initiated an assembly at Ronda in 1918. This assembly adopted a charter based on the Antequera Constitution (a nationalist Andalusian charter that styled Andalusia as an autonomous republic inside a Spanish federal state; this constitution is known as Constitución Federal de Antequera) and also adopted the current flag of Andalusia and coat of arms as "national symbols". 
The colours of Andalusian flag, green and white, represent hope and peace.
The coat of arms bears the Pillars of Hercules, the ancient name given to the promontories that flank the entrance to the Strait of Gibraltar and bears the following legend: "ANDALUCÍA POR SÍ, PARA ESPAÑA Y LA HUMANIDAD" (Andalusia by herself, for Spain and for Humankind).