Flag of Montserrat
|Design||It is a Blue Ensign with the Union Flag in the canton and the coat of arms of Montserrat in the fly. |
The flag of Montserrat is simply the Montserrat arms placed on the fly of the British Blue Ensign and was taken into use sometime considerably after 1909, quite possibly after the colony of the Leeward Islands (which consisted of several British-administered islands in the region) dissolved in 1958, making Montserrat a stand-alone colony. 
The arms feature Erin, the female personification of Ireland, and the golden harp, another symbol of Ireland. This reflects the colony's Irish ancestry.